Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wait, what am I doing here?

I heard about pregnancy turning your brain to mush. Like everything else that people warn me about, I thought they were exaggerating. But no, I have totally lost my mind. It's more than just lack of sleep and time to myself. The problem is more deeply rooted in the recess of my previously high-functioning brain. I've become such a flake! I can't keep track of the days. I walk into rooms and can't remember why I'm there. My calendar is virtually empty, but I can't keep track of the few things I'm responsible for. So frustrating.

Those of you who have babies know what I'm talking about, and you may be chuckling at our shared fate. Those of you who haven't had babies yet, go ahead, laugh and shake your head. Tell yourself it will never happen to you. That optimistic sense that every other mother is an idiot and you will not succumb to their stupidity allows us to charge ahead into the next grand adventure. If you really knew what you were getting into, you probably wouldn't get into it.

I say that you wouldn't get into it - that's not true. I love being a mom. Getting Gwennan up in the morning is the best part of my day. I just wish I could form a coherent sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails