Monday, March 8, 2010

My favorite muffins

I made these muffins this morning. On a funny note, because Alex is asleep in the living room, I didn't want to use the food processor in the kitchen and wake him up. I ended up carrying the chopper and the bag of carrots and G out to the garage and using the outlet on the workbench. Silly, I know.

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c flax seed meal
3/4 c wheat bran
1/2 c rolled oats
1 c brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon (I also throw in some allspice and nutmeg)
2 c shredded carrots
1 1/2 c shredded apples (you can also use applesauce)
1 c craisins
1 c chopped nuts
3/4 c milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 t vanilla

Mix dry ingredients with whisk. add carrots, apples, craisins and nuts and mix until covered with flour mixture. Add liquid ingredients and mix just enough to involve all the flour.
Bake at 350 for 18 - 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 20 - 24 muffins. Try with cream cheese - oh my.

Thanks to Bob's Red Mill for the recipe and the flax seed meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails