Friday, March 12, 2010

New Craft Day

My girl is in a benadryl induced coma (part of the diaper rash regiment - she actually has hives), so I am taking some time to work on my neglected blog. Thank you for being patient while my family was here. I really enjoyed the visit.

Good news - someone is viewing our house in Knoxville today for a second showing after getting their finances in order. I'm very excited at the prospect of finding somewhere permanent to live in Virginia. Big thank you to the Fehl's for providing us with a home thus far.

My house is in order; we have plenty of leftovers; Tim's at work; it's raining. Is that not the most amazing description of a craft day? It doesn't get any better.

My mom always motivates me to start knitting. She is a wonderful knitter who always has the best yarn. I know it's a sin, but I covet her yarn basket. Anyway, since she was just here, knitting every time she sat down, I dug through some ravelry patterns looking for a new project to tackle.

My ultimate goal is to knit my first pair of socks with yarn my mom gave me. I want to knit them both at the same time because, as any of my readers know, I don't like multi part projects. To practice knitting two items in the round at the same time on the same needles, I've started a pair of leg warmers for G. They should knit quickly and come in handy in the next few weeks. She has started rolling over easily - front to back and back to front. Next step, scooting.

I frequently become distracted while writing, looking for different craft projects and any available dogs on craigslist (I really want a dog). Today, I stumbled upon a video for DIY shoes from Patagonia. Of course, I can't find them for sale anywhere, but it started me thinking about how easy it would be to make a pair of moccasins. Hmm... I see a day of leather punching in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails