As you might imagine, I like cutesy, crafty baby stuff. Recently, I've been admiring the super cute pacifier holders that are made with ribbon. Just looking at them, you can tell that they're not complicated. So, I set about making one the other day. This is a wonderful "no sew" sewing project.
1/2 - 1" width Ribbon - whatever floats your boat, but they will look better if the ribbon is double-sided
Needle/Thread or Permanent Fabric Glue or Hot Glue
Suspender or Mitten Clips or diaper pins (I happened to have extra diaper pins, but I like the clips better)
1. Cut a 4 - 6" piece of ribbon.
2. Fold over a 1/4 - 1/2" tab and glue or hand sew.
3. Lay diaper pin or mitten clip on the ribbon, then fold the ribbon again forming a 1/2" tab that covers the pin or clip. Sew or glue.
4. Fold a 1/4 - 1/2" tab on the other end of the ribbon and sew or glue.
5. Cut a piece of velcro the width of the the ribbon and 1/2" tall.
6. Sew or glue one side of velcro over the tab on the ribbon. Sew or glue the other side of velcro 1/2" from the first piece. You can then attach a pacifier on the ribbon between the two pieces of velcro.
The finished product:
This turned out to be a life saver on the plane the other week. No more scrambling under chairs to find G's passie when she decides she's sick of it. Also, she enjoyed chewing on the ribbon as much as the actual passie. If you don't have any babies, these make very cute present toppers for baby showers.