Monday, May 3, 2010

My Pot Garden

Made ya look! It's really a terra cotta pot garden (I hope we sell our house in Tennessee and move before the next big frost!).

My weekend project - herbs and veggies! (Can you tell that I'm excited - I'm using exclamation points everywhere. Sorry for the written yelling)

I love herb gardens. At UT, they have a beautiful section in the trial gardens devoted to herbs. I spent many lunch breaks walking through the herb garden, rubbing different leaves between my fingers to appreciate their fragrance.

Now, I have my own mini garden in which I planted:

Sage
Parsley
Rosemary
Basil
Stevia
Cilantro
Taragon
Oregano
Mint
Dill
Fennel

Also:
Tomatoes
Red Bell Peppers
Banana Peppers
Zucchini
Eggplant
Yellow Squash
Cantalope
Okra
Cucumber

Do I expect them all to do well? Of course! I'm eternally optimistic with my gardening. I even insisted on trying herbs every year in my full shade yard in Tennessee. They never really grew, but they took a while to die.

This year will be wonderful. I soaked my terra cotta pots ahead of time and bought good potting soil. The back porch provides hours of sunlight every day. Now I just have to keep the bunnies away.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails