Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Miss Independence

















My girl's asserting her independence, and I love it.

After weeks of either screaming or clinging to me every waking minute, this new independence is so freeing. I feel like I have my life back.

Her motor skill development jumped again, enabling her to manipulate toys more easily and retrieve them when they fall. Plus, everything interests her: Tic Tac boxes, clothing, balls of yarn, paper, her own feet. She is fascinated by everything she can get her mouth on. She sits in her playpen or scoots in her crib, kicking her feet around and talking to herself for 30 - 40 minutes at a time. I just eavesdrop on her one way conversation and grin.

Playing with Daddy is still her favorite activity, as it should be. He's a fun guy, but constant attention from an adult at all times is replaced (at least temporarily) with some time on her own. I love this phase!!!

P.S. - She put on a pound in the last 2 weeks (good job, formula). At this rate, she should hit the percentiles again in 2 - 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails