Monday, February 14, 2011

Our "new" desk

The closest we get to celebrating V Day -
leftover cookies from small group
Happy Valentine's Day!

This is one of the best V days I've had in a long time. I'm drinking ice coffee with the windows open in February!! Brilliant. Sorry for doubting you, Puxatawny Phil.


In honor of Valentine's Day, I'd like to brag on my hubby, the bearded wonder.  When he's not working or playing with our girls (before we had babies, I didn't recognize the art of play), DH loves to work with wood. He's had a workshop for years and has built all sorts of stuff, like our composter. Recently, thanks to Mike and Frank on American Pickers, he started "mantiquing." This week, he dug this 1940's beauty out of a shop's back room for $12


We forgot to take a "before" shot. Sorry. You'll have to take my word that it was in really rough shape when DH brought it home. The finish on the top was ruined, it was filthy and the left side was falling off. Tim worked diligently this weekend sanding, cleaning, sealing and polishing. I did nothing but match the polyurethane.

The details of our new workspace:
Gorgeous original pulls
Our awesome M&M speakers by TerraCycle
They don't fit the "antique" category, but we're not going for a museum showcase
I was able to upcycle wax coated containers into pencil holders that match our decor.
My favorite accessory, orchids
Thank you Sweetie for doing such a wonderful job rescuing and restoring this forgotten treasure. You take such good care of me. I love you dearly and feel so blessed to be raising our sweet babies with you. Happy Valentine's Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails