Thursday, April 22, 2010

We're Back!!!

What a sweet time with our family and friends in K'town. I can't believe how much we crammed into a few short days. We visited with all 4 great grandparents who, of course, believe Gwennan is developing faster than any baby their siblings ever had. I don't know about that, but she is certainly entertaining.





I took my first solo parent flight yesterday, maneuvering the airport with infant, car seat, diaper bag and coffee! If you're thinking that it takes 4 arms, a slight mutation would have made things easier.

In all honesty, I couldn't ask for an easier trip. My mom helped me get to security where a guy in line carried the car seat to the check point. Gwennan slept through both flights, allowing me to play several games of hearts on my iPod.

The only hiccup occurred in Orlando (my connection) - well, it actually occurred at the ticket counter in Knoxville where the clerk didn't complete my itinerary and only checked us to Orlando. While it was sunny and warm, I didn't want either of us or my gigantic bag (1 lb under the limit after I took my study Bible out) to stay there. Fortunately, I realized the mistake before they unloaded my bag from the plane, so my "adventure" was really uneventful.

Like I said, could not have gone better, that is until a "stranger" picked us up at the airport. Tim shaved his beard while I was away. I'm not sure that I've ever seen him clean shaven. Gwennan didn't bat an eye. She knew Daddy! I, however, was in shock. Good thing his beard grows quickly!

I'm really not sure why we buy toys for her car seat. This kept her occupied for at least 15 minutes while I ate lunch.



Gwennan and the Knoxville Airport bears. Knoxville has a thing for bears. Artistically painted bear statues used to reside all over down town Knoxville. They were actually set up for a scavenger hunt. Someone decided that they were not sophisticated enough, and one by one they came down, but the airport still has a bear statue. We have a picture like this of Tim, Em and Sarah that they took when I left for Kenya.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys had a good day! And I must say, I am in full agreement on the beard. So glad it is making a reappearance. It is just not Tim without it. :-)

    Gwennan was having a fun time with that tag, wasn't she. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails