Monday, April 30, 2012

Rethink Eggs Benedict

Every muscle seems to be pulling my spine in the wrong direction. I thought I'd fix it today with some yoga. Looked up the best poses for a sore back and got to work.

I must have done something wrong. My hip is no longer working. Seriously, I'm limping like Jacob, but without the cool angel-wrestling story. What have I done? Last time I try to use a healthy fix for my back. Next time, I'll let my liver do the workout with a handful of advil.

Enough griping. This recipe has nothing to do with yoga or sore backs or wrenched hips. It's just tasty and in season, and I've been meaning to share it with you for weeks.

Part of my 'brinner' kick. Or maybe this one works better for a brunch. Do people brunch any more? There's an awesome restaurant in downtown Knoxville that serves an omelette bar for brunch. It's super trendy, so I guess some super trendy Knoxvillians still brunch.

For the rest of us who can't buzz down to Market Square, my recipe for Warm Asparagus and Egg Sandwich. BTW~ DH said nothing during this meal. He didn't pause long enough to comment!

Warm Asparagus Salad

1 lb asparagus, shaved
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t olive oil
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t dried lemongrass {could substitute 1 T lemon juice and reduce by 1/2}
salt to taste
Grated asiago cheese, to taste {could substitute parmesan}

{To shave the asparagus, I cut off the heads, then use a potato peeler on the main stalk. If presentation doesn't matter, you could grate it in the food processor.}
Heat oil in deep pan until smoking. Add crushed red pepper. Heat until flakes hop in pan. Add garlic and saute gently for 1 minute. Add asparagus and lemongrass and saute until slightly wilted, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Salt to taste. Top with cheese.

Serve over whole grain toast and fried eggs. Magnificent!


2 comments:

  1. i will come have brunch with you sometime especially since Nick doesn't eat asparagus. sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails