Saturday, February 4, 2012

On a slow Saturday morning

Big one has jet fuel in her veins this morning.
We count eggs in pancakes: one, two. Spoonfuls of baking powder and sugar: one, two. She folds in raspberries, lifting the fork up and over, mommy's hand directing hers. I cooking!

For all her energy, I woke up in the dense fog of sinus pressure. Thank goodness for blue skies and warm weather. Put on a polka dot hoodie and flowered rain boots, grab some chalk and step over the threshold.
I wrote earlier in the week about my availability to my girls. This morning challenged. Auto-pilot isn't even serving well on a recipe I've made every week for years. "This Old House" wasn't holding babies' attention like it was Daddy's. Lots of little help for an already distracted presence.

Through Him, we also have obtained access... Romans 5:2

Thank you, Lord for a torn veil, availability, the Holy Spirit in me who hears my every rushed prayer. Thank you for Holy Spirit intercession when my prayers are more vague inclinations than actual thoughts; even more so when they are clearly stated and off target; more than that when they are nonexistent in my quest for self-sufficiency. Hear my heart's cry today for your strength to speak clearly Love over my family.

Because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:5

God love to overflow from the abundance poured into my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails