Saturday, February 25, 2012

In the Beginning... was the Resurrection

I see the Garden in a little girl's eyes. She hurls the telling book from her lap when I poke my head in her room. Must hide the evidence of a nap time escape. Her eyes all fear over whether the lie worked. Just like her first mom, she covers her sin.

We kneel at her bed. Not a time for the rod. The heart is sick this time. The extra Boynton book doesn't matter. The heart that wants to hide her sin, cover it herself, avoid confession and the cross - that matters. I can't fix hearts, so I turn to the only one who can. We pray.

We pray for Jesus to cover our sins with His blood. For God to search our hearts and know our anxious thoughts. For humble honesty. Her words are more simple. Heavenly Father, I sorry I covered my sin. Thank you for Jesus. Amen! Hands thrown high. Her brow relaxes in a smile. The cross brings peace with the Father.

And is it coincidence that I'm reading Genesis 2-3 when I hear the bump that brings me to the great cover up? Surely not.

God covers perfectly.

And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them. Genesis 3:21

Eating brought death. For Adam and Eve to continue living, something else had to die. In this case, an animal to provide clothes. In the overall picture of eternity, Christ Jesus our Lord to provide holiness before an almighty God. As the very first sin is committed, God demonstrates His plan of redemption for mankind.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

God's redemption is so much bigger and farther reaching than we can credit in one day or week or life time. Everyday we uncover before him to realize redemptive power in our lives and the scope of God's work in us.

2 comments:

  1. you are a good momma! on a different note, I follow a blog that I think you'd really enjoy. its trinitywilbourn.blogspot.com, and ya'lls writing styles are similar. she's a momma of four and like you, sees the big picture within the small things. thought i'd share!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails