Monday, March 7, 2011

Pretty Bird

Monday afternoon... Afton's asleep; Gwenny is finishing lunch. Time for me to start writing, brainstorming for the week ahead.

Thing is I read recited children's board books to Gwenny for 6 or so hours a day all of last week. I just hope I didn't permanently damage my ability to think of words with more than one syllable.

So, my silly wasted weekend. I meant to clean out and tune up the Brother then sew a cover for it. Inconsiderate of all its hard work, I do not have a cover for my sewing machine. Bad seamstress, bad!

Instead, I let my mind wander at the pet store. Hmm... It might be fun to own a bird. The girls love watching the fish. I bet they would like watching a bird, too. I think I've mentioned before that I have a problem with amassing animals.

Tim gave me the go ahead to look for a bird. So that's just what I did... all day, toting the girls from one pet store to the next, watching finches, budgies, cockatiels and lovebirds. I priced cages, supplies and birds in 6 pet shops. What did I come home with?

A bird feeder

Not really. I came home with nothing. I just filled up the existing bird feeders.

My conclusion - I'd love to have a pair of budgies or lovebirds if someone wants to give us a large, round cage. Otherwise, I'd rather spend that money on rosewood knitting needles and fabric.

How did we even end up at the pet store? That's a fair question. This all started when a friend offered Tim their leopard gecko. Ironically, the gecko died the morning of moving day. So no gecko. However, Tim worked so hard to convince me to own a reptile (I think he was excited about feeding worms to something) that he wanted to replace the gecko we didn't own yet. That's how we went from no new pets Thursday to shopping for a gecko and 2 birds Saturday.

The gecko has yet to be replaced, so no new pets, just thoughts. I'm sure if we end up with something new, I'll post pictures. Good thing no one offered us a chicken. We could have ended up shopping for a farm.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a leopard gecko! They're much cuter than most other reptiles, plus I heard they live for a long time. I'll be jealous if ya'll end up with one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now the crested gecko is pulling ahead. They eat baby food (something we have plenty of) and look nothing like snakes. That's the key here - nothing like snakes!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails