Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where have you been?

The honest truth - I've been hiding from the blog recently.

Whenever Tim leaves town, several things happen - I exercise every day, usually paint a room, eat like a vegetarian and listen to a lot of sermons. Hearing the Word of God preached offers stimulation for adult thought and flings the door wide open for the Holy Spirit to work. I listen to sermons a lot anyway, but when Tim's away, the house is much quieter, so I can ruminate longer.

All that to say, I listened to a sermon by Mark Driscoll in which he discussed producing fruit. He talked about the difference between being busy and producing fruit. I was really convicted his message which led me to evaluate how I spend my time.

A few things caught my attention - how I was "serving" at church, how I spent my time during G's naps and the blog. I spend hours every week on this blog, writing, researching, etc... Not to mention all the times that I put off completing other important tasks in order to complete a project to blog about. So far, Renaissance Momma is keeping me very scattered, rather behind in regular life stuff and encouraging my love of hearing myself type.

I'm not announcing the immediate closure of the blog, just a change in direction for me. I don't know exactly what that will look like online, but I can't keep abandoning more Godly pursuits for the sake of blogging. So, please pray for me as I decide what to do and how best to serve my family. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog and being inspired by your craftiness. Maybe you can combine your crafting and spiritual connections. A CCU Professor's wife wrote a book called Making a mess and meeting God by Mandy Smith by Standard Pub. I have yet to buy and read it but I looked at it at the book store and it looked great. There is a review at http://lemontreecreations.blogspot.com/2010/07/making-mess-and-meeting-god-review-and.html
    Just a thought...maybe you'd like it. Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails