Sunday, June 13, 2010

Amazing Grace

This morning in church, some of the high schoolers played "Amazing Grace" as a solo during communion. After the first verse, a little kid, maybe two or three years old, began belting out the words, "amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me..." He sang the entire song, over and over. I'm not sure if his parents tired to quiet him, but he just kept singing.

At first, I found it really cute and looked forward to a day when Gwennan could simultaneously embarrass me and make me glow with pride. Then my attitude changed. I wanted to be that little kid, so excited about a song praising God that I sang out the words without regard to the silence around me. I want my life to reflect that attitude of worship.

Praise the Lord, O my soul
And all my deepest parts
Give praise to the Lord
Who called you out of darkness

2 comments:

  1. I was admittedly sleep-deprived, but it made me cry when that kid was singing. What an amazing God we serve, and what an amazing reminder of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm admittedly hormonal, but I teared up as well. It overwhelmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails