Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Feel Better Tea

My sweet baby girl is sick... again.

She has been hit by cold after teething after cold this winter. Each accompanied by stuffiness and coughs and general malaise. We've developed such a sick day routine that she wakes up from afternoon nap, asks for med-sin, a disney movie and feel better tea.

I don't know how you feel about home remedies. Growing up, I firmly believed all helpful cures came with childproof caps. Then I had sick babies. Tiny ones don't have many options for OTC cold relief. But feel better tea does the trick. Clears sinuses, relieves headaches, settles stomachs. We're believers. 

Note - this tea is for babies over 1 year. Please don't feed honey to infants.

Feel Better Tea

Ingredients
1 bag chamomile tea {or 1 1/2 t loose chamomile tea and an infuser}
1/4 t cinnamon for the little guys, 1/8 t cayenne pepper for the grown ups
2-3 slices fresh ginger {or 1 piece candied ginger}
1-2 t honey {again, please don't feed to infants! Try agave instead}
1 lemon slice
8 oz not quite boiling water water

Let steep for 5-8 minutes. Remove tea bag and serve. I add two ice cubes for the girls.

If a spring cold hits you, I hope you feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are important. I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails